Top 10 Tourist Places In New York City (NYC)
The city of New York offers some of the never- to-be-missed tourist attractions.
- Statue of Liberty: The statue is one of the greatest icons of America and the world symbol for freedom. The 152 feet statue is worth watching after a short boat ride to the Liberty Island.
- Empire State Building: It is the most famous landmark of New York City (NYC). You can enjoy the spectacular view up to 80 miles from the building including the whole city of New York and its neighboring states.
- Central Park: Known as an escape from the concrete jungle of New York, the Central Park offers green space with strawberry fields, the lake and the Central Park Zoo. It is the destination for skating in winter and paddling in summer.
- Chrysler Building: It is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the city. This epitome of Art Deco style of architecture is associated with auto giant with its spires resembling car radiator.
- Times Square: Times Square can be your destination for shopping, watching theaters and gorging on the delicacies of New York in the restaurants.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Also known as “The Met”, the museum boasts of a collection of American arms, armor, decorative arts, musical instruments, photographs, etc.
- Bronx Zoo: Spread across an area of about 265 acres, the zoo is the largest urban preserve for wildlife in United States and boasts of above 5000 animals. Daily activities involve feeding sea lion and penguins.
- 9/11 Museum and Memorial: The Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center is dedicated to the victims of 9/11 attack.
- Coney Island: This amusement and entertainment destination of New York boasts of almost 90 year roller coaster and many other fun rides.
- The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA): This museum is dedicated to the contemporary art and hosts an impressive collection of modern art.